Am I eligible?
Everyone for whom the availability of affordable property is the best route to home ownership is eligible for the program.
In order to qualify for all the benefits of this program, you simply have to meet certain criteria:
- Buy the property with the intention of living there.
- Be eligible for a mortgage loan; qualify for a mortgage pre-approval.
- Sign the Creating Homes contract concerning the mortgage guarantee on the purchase credit.
- Not being the beneficiary of more than one Creating Homes agreement simultaneously.
Further Assistance for Home Buyers
You may be eligible for other financial programs offered to first time home buyers or anyone that meets the criteria:
- The Home Buyers Plan (HBP), allows you to withdraw up to $25,000 from your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), in order to reduce the amount of your mortgage.
- The Home Ownership Program offers additional funding to first time home owners or anyone that meets the criteria.